Welcome to the Company webpage of 'Nu-in-ITS, LLC', a consulting company founded in November 2013 with the goal of providing quality services to public service and private clients. The purpose of the company is to provide transportation-related consulting services to local, state, and federal agencies domestically and internationally, specifically in the broad area of 'intelligent transportation systems (ITS), safety, and mobility systems. These services include
- Design (systems architecture, concepts of operations, functional requirements, validation and verification plan development)
- Procurement response evaluations
- Client representation during systems deployments to ensure that the systems are deployed as designed
- Development of ITS interface standards
- Provision of expert advice in the utilization of ITS interface standards
- Development of preliminary functional designs of transportation management and/or operations centers and supporting registered architects in the design and deployment of such facilities
- Preparation and execution of technical feasibility assistance studies in other countries
- Preparation and execution of Reverse Trade Missions, as well as serving as ITS industry expert during the Mission
Mr. Joerg 'Nu' Rosenbohm is the founder and principal of the company. He has over twenty years of experiences in these areas. Since 1996, he has worked on the development of ITS interface standards, especially the National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocols (NTCIP) suite of standards, both as contributor and editor of several NTCIP standards. He has also led the development of the preliminary design of over a dozen TMCs/TOCs of various sizes across the nation and has supported the deployment of several TMCs/TOCs as client representative.
Throughout his career, he managed project-specific teams in the execution of design and development projects as well as software development and deployment projects. His project design and deployment approach is based on sound system engineering processes which include working closely with his clients and its stakeholders to address the entire project life cycle. The activities include:
- Determination of a project within the context of a client's other current and planned projects and overall system architecture.
- Development of the project concept of operations including the determination of the goals and objectives of a project, and the project user needs. During this stage, the validation testing process (validation test plan), which is used to ensure that the right project has been build, is always considered.
- Development of the resulting system requirements under consideration of the verification testing process, whose aim is the testing of the system requirements. Attention is being given to the creation of well-formed requirements that are unambiguous and testable.
- Creation of the Project Design documents including system architecture and system design documents.
- Supervision of the software development, if any.
- Performing of the Verification Test Plan and Test Procedures.
- Performing of the Validation Test Plan and Procedures.
- Managed group of professionals to perform work for the U.S. DOT, U.S. Trade and Development Agency, state and local departments of transportation, and managed project-specific teams in the execution of design and development projects as well as software development and deployment projects.
- Successfully managed projects valued in the multimillion dollar range (U.S. DOT = $ 16 Mio, Pennsylvania Turnpike = $2.9 Mio, Maryland Turnpike Authority = $4 Mio, New York State DOT = $600,000).
- Developed technical and cost proposals valued in the multimillion dollar range including for ITS America leading to the new IDIQ with U.S. DOT in 2013, for Dr. Brenner IG leading to a multi-year project in Turkey, and for Telvent/PB Farradyne leading to several ATMS software deployment projects.
- Worked with clients to develop and implement deployable project solutions within budget and schedule such as the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission Fog Warning System, and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Transportation Management Center and subsequent Fusion Center.
- Oversaw the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission’s Fog Warning System project which subsequently received ‘Best of ITS’ award in 2006.
- Selected to present papers at major ITS / Transportation conferences.
- Worked on traffic signal control and priority projects, transit projects, traffic engineering projects and supported U.S. DOT with the Connected Vehicle Program.
- Worked on the development of the National Transportation Communications for ITS Standards (NTCIP) suite of protocols since its inception including close coordination with the sponsoring Standards Development Organizations.
- Certified as ‘Recognized Peer’ in the US DOT Intelligent Transportation Peer-to-Peer Program for ITS Standards.